The Empowerment Partnership (our training company) is celebrating it’s 30th year in business in 2012! So because a major part of our focus at TEP is on NLP, I thought maybe I should help answer the basic question of “What is NLP?”
NLP or “Neuro-Linguistic Programming” is the science behind what makes you tick. Think of it this way: Neuro = your nervous system. Linguistic = your language. Programming = your conditioning. Using behavioral science, NLP teaches you how to empower yourself and set yourself up for success.
Many famous people have used NLP for their own development, such as Bill Clinton, Tony Blair, J.K. Rowling, Heston Blumenthal, Tiger Woods, Bill Gates, Lily Allen, Gerri Halliwell, Oprah Winfrey, Tony Robbins, Sophie Dahl, and Jimmy Carr. And, you can use it, too to achieve your dreams.
NLP is defined as the art and science of communication. It teaches you how you learn. Whether you’re out to energize your health, climb up the career ladder, or kindle the intimacy fires in your family, NLP’s set of distinctions and tools help you operate and develop a map and timeline for success.
NLP allows you to change, adopt or eliminate behaviors, as you desire, and gives you the ability to choose your mental, emotional and physical states of well-being.
NLP is the comprehensive training that covers everything you need to know to succeed (and help others succeed) in any area of life, including business, relationships, and career.
- If you are a salesperson: You will learn how to communicate effectively with your clients.
- If you are a parent: You will learn how to help your children grow and learn faster while enjoying the process.
- If you are a therapist, coach or educator: You will learn how to help your clients make massive shifts in their life in just a few sessions.
- If you are a business owner or manager: You will be able to overcome the hurdles which prevent you from taking your business to the next level, and transform your team into a motivated group.
- If you are an employee: You will learn how to stay motivated, gain control over your mind in a difficult situation, and communicate with your coworkers.
- If you are an athlete: You will learn how to energize your health and revitalize your body.
NLP is the study of excellence and how to produce the specific results you desire in your life on a consistent basis. If you want to have more choices about your behavior and emotions, to improve your relationships and the way you communicate, and create better results through becoming a greater thinker, then NLP can provide you with a step-by-step framework for achieving all this and more…not just in the short term, but lasting transformation, which will stay with you for your entire life.
Mahalo, Dr Matt James